<VV> Re: on line communique

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Sat Feb 5 13:36:51 EST 2005

It was mentioned e-mailing the Communique, and have sliding scales of dues
for this. I for one would not renew without the physical magazine. (Some of
you may consider that a good thing).I have gone to great lengths to compile
a collection of all Communiques, and one that I would have to print on my
own paper would not have the same value to me.
Remember, those of us computer literate are not necessarily the majority. At
the Carlisle convention I brought up at the Corvanatics meeting, it might be
cost effective to e-mail the newsletter out to those who want it that way to
save costs and keep dues down. I thought I was going to be taken outside and
strung up from the reaction.
There were plenty there who do not use computers. They also felt they should
not have to pay more than those getting it online. People who would get it
on line felt they should not have to pay as all as their was no costs for
printing as well as no postage costs. Some felt it would give an unfair
advantage to those who may get theirs on line before others as far as parts
for sale. It was a lively discussion which was shut down as non-workable.

I do a newsletter for a T-bird club. Over 50% get their newsletter via
e-mail saving printing and postage costs. And, it now includes color
pictures. Unfortunately it has cost us some members as there were those that
felt if one had a computer they were given a benefit those without were
denied..............no-win situation!

And let's face it, computers crash, people do not back up their files,
mailboxes are overful, etc............and a newsletter is a different thing
than a magazine................Just my two cents..........
Gary Swiatowy