<VV> Re:POWERSLIDE QUESTION

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat Feb 5 20:06:24 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/5/05 11:46:07 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
N2VZD@aol.com writes:

> any thoughts on running a car tranny in a van with 110hp engine instead of
> one with cooler?

Tim,
I can't think of any problem doing this unless you put the into the van, some
heavy loads, or encounter a lot of go and stop traffic. The thing to me is
that cars weigh some 2500-3000 lbs, Vans weigh more like 3500-4600 (GVW limit).
So you are heating the tranny more trying to get it up to speed in a van. Use
your judgement on your particular planned use.
Regards,
Bob Helt