<VV> NTSB report

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat Feb 5 20:28:21 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/4/05 7:54:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
mclark67@charter.net writes:

> Can someone tell me where I might find the report the NTSB did on the
> Corvair, Falcon, and Valiant, "proving" the Corvair to be safe after all
> that Ralfie had done to convince people otherwise?
>
> Thanks much.
>

> Mike Clark

Mike, I don't know of any such NTSB report. But you may be thinking of the
NHTSA report and the supplementary report by the evaluation panel.
If you are interested in these, see below.

Regards,
Bob Helt

NATIONAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION SERVICE (NTIS)
    Copies of the government reports exonerating the Corvair from Nader's
charges may still be available from the National Technical Information Service
(NTIS) as follows:
NTIS Order Number PB-211-015 sells for $41.00 per copy. The Title:
Evaluation of the 1960-1963 Corvair Handling and Stability. The publication date is
July 1972.

NTIS Order Number PB-211-014 sells for $28.50 per copy. The Title: Panel
Evaluation of the NHTSA Approach to the 1960-1963 Corvair Handling and Stability.
The publication date is 25 January 1972.

NTIS Charges a $5.00 handling fee on your total order. All Sales are Final:
See ordering information below:

NTIS Sales:  1-800-553-6847 or 703-605-6000

Fax:          703-605-6900
Email:       orders@ntis.fedworld.gov
Mail:        NTIS
                   5285 Port Royal Road