<VV> Re: MY USE OF VAIRS(seasonal!)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Sun Feb 6 00:51:21 EST 2005

due to the very heavy use of salt in our area i do not use my vairs in the
winter. i have gas heaters for fall travels etc , but they do not move in salt.
some of you guys have never seen it but a nice car can be reduced to rusty
hulk in no time here,  brake tubing etc is an early sign of demise. frames have
broken in half as cars lifted with frame hoist right  over my head in the good
ole days, many a nice low mileage corvair ended up being taken apart at a low
mileage due to unrepairable rust damage. i could go on but a lot of you live
under the same white scepter...and you have not lived until you have to use a
torch to get anything apart even on a 2 year old car.
  regards, tim colson
close to the salt city.(syracuse ny)