<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1737 - 10 msgs

kenfran at comcast.net kenfran@comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 10:55:10 EST 2005

I haven't seen anyone mentioning that the wheel width should be matched to
the tire width, because otherwise, the handling characteristics of the tires
will be poor. The first question anyone should ask when someone is looking
for wheels is, "What tires are you going to put on them?" I would much
prefer to go with 14" or 15" wheels for my Corsa, but I decided what tires I
wanted first, then started looking for 16" wheels that would work with the
performance tires I want. (Goodyear Eagle F1 )
Ken Franson
66 Monza, 65 Corsa
Member, CORSA & Arkansas CC

.org>, <Poppsmail@cs.com>

> Another thing to note on the Wheel Vintiques wheels is that they can make
any backspace you need (within reason of course).  Mine are 16x7 front 4.25"
b/s 16x8 rear 5" b/s.  Should be at the convention this year.
The Artful Dodger
looking for suggestions on after market wheels,
14 x 6 wheel. I prefer the look of the Crager SS but can only find 3 3/8
backspace on a 14x6 or 4.25 on 14x7.