<VV> Late heads on 64 engine???? (No Communique)

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Sun Feb 6 18:55:00 EST 2005

I have asked some questions about this before, but thought about something
else......If I put a set of 69 smog heads on my 64 Greenbriar (110/pg) to
lower compression for knock avoidance, I understand I need to put a "sleeve"
of coffee can around the cylinders to center the heads and (I Think) use
late head gaskets but what about the Top shroud?  Do I have to obtain a top
shroud from a late engine?  Does this change the relationship of the fan
bearing height? Am I digging a pit here?

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills, Tx
(Wants to drive 'Brier this year)