<VV> LOWER SHROUDS

James Davis jld@wk.net
Sun Feb 6 19:50:07 EST 2005

Ultra Vanners are about 50%-50% split on lower shrouds.  Without then, the
engines seriously over cool on the down hills in the mountains.  Most run
the lower shrouds because of the coach heat.  I am able to maintain 30
degree differential between outside and inside running headers and lower
shrouds.  I would bet that most the Ultra Vans that do not run lower
shrouds do so because engine oil leaks which renders the engine heat
useless.  All Corvair powered Ultra Vans came with normal car engines (RG,
RN, RH, RV, RW, AC, AD, AG) including the car's exhaust system.
Jim Davis