<VV> convertible top question

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 04:40:39 EST 2005

Yup, pull the gearboxes and install the springs.  That outta do it.  I went
the other way, and this is the reverse procedure.
Jim B.
'66 Turbovert

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of John Headley
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:38 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> convertible top question

OK, hypothetically, if I wanted to convert from power
top to manual operation, could I simply buy the lift
springs and use them on my 64 monza convert?  What are
the differences in the top frame/mechanism?  Would
this work?

I like the power feature, but the lift springs are
dirt cheap in comparison.

-John Headley
64 monza convert
Royal Oak, MI