<VV> Re: Ken Rolt / Your influence and contribution

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Mon Feb 7 05:44:56 EST 2005

Hey Ken, Thanks for the history lesson. However, to "pop in and out" of
either this
list or CORSA benefits neither group. If you had continued as a founder and
continured
in CORSA many would consider your comments more valid. VV would have cost
you nothing
except your time unless you had made a voluntary monetary contribution like
many of us did
to improve the server etc. Since you have been gone for such a long time
maybe you can now
make some time in your schedule to rejoin both or either groups. We would
welcome your
input on a more frequent basis.

Regards,
Chuck Armer
At 06:09 PM 2/6/05 -0500, you wrote:
>I am the founder, in part, of VV.
>
>I started it as my own personal email list for Corvair enthusiasts in the
>early 90s while I was in grad school and had no wife, no dog, and no
>kids.  I was also a CORSA member back then.  Bryan Blackwell was one of
>the people on my list (which started with 5 people, grew to 12, then 20
>etc), so at some point he offered to take it over and dump it onto an
>automated web server.  Minus some details and 10+ years later, that
>practice, and growth of web use, is how we got here today.
>
>As family & job outstripped my ability to stay in both CORSA and VV, I
>dropped out of sight.... I just didn't have time to read all the digests
>(especially due to the excessive noise level) and partly because the
>Communique didn't offer what I wanted.  I pop back in occasionally even
>though I have no Corvair.
>
>My opinion, for whatever its worth, is that the web-based community allows
>communication among owners and enthusiasts that the CORSA magazine and/or
>the conventions can never keep up with.  That doesn't make either obsolete
>but it does mean that they both have to grow, or they'll whither from
>non-use.  But the web-based forum will continue, and at least at the
>forum/digest level, sponsorship by CORSA isn't a requirement --- though I
>agree that CORSA needs VV;  VV might not need CORSA.
snip + trailer

CORSA Tri-Membership Chairman
CORSA MEMBER
Corvair Atlanta, BOD