<VV> Freeloaders

Coneheads2001 at aol.com Coneheads2001@aol.com
Mon Feb 7 14:41:14 EST 2005

Hello All,

  I am sending my renewal in today, enjoy the Communique could be  better but
what could not use improvement.

  How about a different slant on freeloading, what about those of us  who are
members but will never attend a convention, autocross, fan belt toss or
Sunday Picnic are we not subsidizing those who do? Not meant to be a complaint  or
a suggestion to change anything just a response to those throwing
perjoratives around about membership. What is wrong about weighing the value  recieved
for membership? Not everyone has the same level of enthusiasm and I  think
restricting access to VV would only cost CORSA in the long run.

  My own situation is that financial and time constraints have  conspired to
put my Corvair work on hold for the moment. But I still enjoy  reading about
all of your exploits and reading about the problems and  solutions that you all
have faced. Filing all that knowledge away for the time I  will need it.
Although keeping up with the Digest lately has been tough lately,  it has been the
liveliest Topic I have seen in three years of reading this list.  I hope that
it will at least stay Civil, name calling etc. do nothing to move  the
discussion forward.

 As I said my renewal is on its way and it will help fund a convention  I
have no chance of attending and help insure moving events I will never see  among
the many other CORSA issues that do not apply to me. Some other part of my
budget will have to be sacrificed to do so and I am not alone so those of you
that do have the time, energy and budget to attend these events please think
about those of us who help make them happen but can't be there.

                                                               Respectfully,
                                                               Andy Cone (46)
                                                               '64 Monza Cpe
140/4