<VV> Tony hits a Homer!!

Tareece at aol.com Tareece@aol.com
Mon Feb 7 19:27:05 EST 2005

Tony, Tony....You are the man.
 Here's my Tony Fiore story...
   I remember about 4-5 years ago when I took my family to Virginia  on a
Saturday, and we decided to check out the new Vair Museum. While calling due to
the normal operating hours were Mon-Fri the Museums curator (forgive my aging
brain for forgetting his name...I almost can remember it, but us 40+ people
realise never struggle for wispy memories, they only get wispier) he said, "Stay
awhile, Tony Fiore will also be coming."
     My ears perked up instantly and knew this was indeed a rare opportunity
to glean some history from a man all Corvair owners respect as a historian
extrodinare. I knew at that time that it would be he, his wife, the curator, and
my family (my wife and 2 children), and I.
    That allowed me to observe from a far after introducing myself, listening
in on their conversations about the different exhibits, from the newly
delivered Fitch Sprint, to the cutaway powertrain display of the Corvair, to the
Prototype modular wheels that didn't make it on the car, and to the electrovair
and the superspyder...
 At each of those exhibits, Tony would point out several tidbits and I would
'lurk' and soak it up..Watching him around those exhibits, all of these
Corvair brand related items, it seemed to me that he was absolutely in his element.
I went ahead and bought the last copy that the museum had of his famous,
authorative book and he was gracious enough to sign it for me.
   Tony, I hope you'll keep kicking Corvair tires and dispensing your Vair
knowledge for "Decade"s to come... (I wouldn't mind seeing you write another
Corvair book either)

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert

In a message dated 2/7/2005 12:30:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,