<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1758 - 12 msgs

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57@aol.com
Mon Feb 7 22:02:32 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/7/2005 4:02:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

Age  ---PS

Forgot to run down my Corvair life.  Dreamed of '62 Honduras Maroon  conv. I
saw in mag. when new but no $$$$.  Probably still have that mag.  (Car Life?)
Finally bought first Vair around '66 - '67. A 500, 3 spd. I  think.
Autocrossed a yellow '65 CORSA 140.  Carbs used to stick wide  open and wipe out
cones. It finally dropped a valve seat 200 miles from home so  I sold it. Had a '66
CORSA yellow 180 Coupe with most everything new GM in the  wrappers & pro
built engine but made bad mistake of buying a Pantera &  lost interest so I never
got to actually drive it.  CORSA sat for yrs.  inside - finally sold to Lee
Elder for nothing.  Really wish I had  that one back.  Son's first car was '65,
500 4 door near perfect from old  cpl. for $100.  He drove it for yrs.
Finally bought another Corvair about 4  yrs. ago.  '64 Monza Conv., PG had factory
A/C. Wife's car - needs paint  & a little int. work but a solid car.  Working
on '69 500, modified 140  Coupe right now.  Mechanics being done by one of you
guys with far more  knowledge than I.  A car I have fantasized about for
decades.  Will be  my daily driver + a little autocrossing.  Would love to have a
Rampside but  wife barely tolerates my "used car lot" as it is.

Joe D.
Florida