<VV> Brake Question

AngryCorvair at aol.com AngryCorvair@aol.com
Tue Feb 8 22:27:14 EST 2005

Chuck642@aol.com wrote:

<<On my recently restored 67 Cpe., I installed all new brake components.  The left front brake grabs horribly until the pads are well heated.  I've looked for leaks and found none, light sanded the pads, etc. to no avail.>>

any chance you've flip-flopped the positions of the primary (short arc length) and secondary (long arc length) shoes?

short = primary = forward (to front of car)

long = secondary = rearward (to rear of car)

that's what i'd look at first.   if both are the same length, then you probably put both primaries on the Right front and both secondaries on the Left front.

let us know what you find.

patrick aka <AngryCorvair@AOL.com>
brake engineer