<VV> Charlie Dye

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed Feb 9 16:25:38 EST 2005

Clark

I've heard that myself, same same a guy named Bob Arko who used to sell lots of parts back in the 80's but haven't heard his name in years, perhaps he passed away??

Charlie once had lots of stuff around his home, but city of Phoenix made him move it. Now has a chunk of space in the desert outside of town....or so I remember Charlie telling me in 02 at Flagstaff, where he arrived with a large rental vehicle stuffed full of parts.

He is some character, even in a bunch like ours he stands out.  Sold me an excellent condition grill bar for my 65 for 15.00, close in condition to an NOS one in the vendor room with a tag on it that said 249.99!! I Spent about 2 hours with him one afternoon at the Convention. Afterwards, I renounced everything I had thought about him in the previous 14 years I had read his crazy ads in the Communique.

As for letters, he's one of those guys who just isn't interested in computers, and knows that the simple act of sending an envelope with a note in it is a lost art. One he is trying I guess to save. There is hope for Charlie though.

I remember a guy in one of the clubs I belonged to
who said he probably would NEVER have a computer, and used a typewriter or legal pads to record his thoughts, ideas and musings. He now masquerades on V V as the "Vairologist", and I have it on authority from his better half he enjoys our forum quite a bit. And I am sure he would admit it himself if you asked him.

I know for sure our list would be the worse off had he not changed his mind.

Regards--Hank