<VV> Swimsuit Issue of Communique

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed Feb 9 18:30:04 EST 2005

Friends

My good friend Garland made one suggestion during last weeks fray that I felt needed seperate consideration.

Garland suggested a "Playboy/(Sports Illustrated) type swimsuit issue of the Communique.

As I have mentioned previously in this forum, some of our members have been around a long time, some not so. I have been a CORSA member long enough to remember the one and only time ( I Believe)  that women in swimsuits were on the cover of the Communique.

As Moses said to Pharoah---"THERE WILL BE SUCH A CRY THROUGHOUT THE LAND"---- One would have thought that the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were mounting up to ride across the skies of Corvairdom. There was much ado about that cover, IMO as Shakespeare said--ABOUT NOTHING. I remember the wives of some of my local chapter members absolutely aghast, and pissed as well. I also remember some of the letters written in about it.

In my own,singular opinion, I feel that Garland has a good idea, but the Communique is perhaps not the place for it. But as my friend Smitty said, is best to have a solution, and I think I have one.

There have recently been  Corvair Only calendars available for sale. I have had an idea about trying to get pictures of Corvairs in "repose" in fields and suchlike for a calendar, proceeds to benefit Corsa General Fund, CPF, or the Scholarship Fund. (ALL, BTW, GREAT REASONS FOR JOINING AND SUPPORTING CORSA, FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE LOOKING FOR REASONS TO JUSTIFY NOT JOINING)

My Reason?? Someday there WON'T be any Corvairs left in fields, barns and garages to find.

This is still a good idea, and I hope if anyone beats me to it, they will do it for the good of CORSA, and not for personal financial gain.

But, How about a Corvair Swimsuit Calendar?? Or, even one where "pretty girls" in evening Gowns and suchlike  are featured with Show Class Corvairs, as was done live at GM marketing events with Dream Cars back in the 50's??

Any thoughts??

Regards

HANK