<VV> Turbo vs 140

Ken Campbell deltainc@grm.net
Wed Feb 9 19:39:02 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net>

> Oh....  you still have to sync the carbs on a 110.  But that is a do it
once
> and you are done kind of thing.  > Later, JR
************
Well, if you drive pedal to the metal all the time, the carbs don't have to
be TOO synched (g) .... most carbs work just fine at full throttle ...

.... and if you treat your 110 right ( or even a 140 ) you will find
yourself at WFO a whole lot of the time ... its my observation that it is
more dangerous to have several cars in front of you than to drive a little
... faster ... and keep most of them behind you ...

.... and, IMHO, if you want the gear-head's dream of running a turbo car,
budget up about $2000 for updates to make the thing reliable .......   a
reliable water injection unit, a Safe-Guard ignition from Ray Sedman , and a
SU or QuadraJet carburetor in front of the turbo.

Because of yet-unsolved heat building problems, boosted runs are limited to
about 8 seconds at a time ..... but hey, it only takes about 1.3 seconds for
Robins to Mate, so these things are relative ...

Just some thoughts, ken campbell, iowuh guy.