<VV> springs in HV carbs

qcc65 at charter.net qcc65@charter.net
Thu Feb 10 02:56:03 EST 2005

I need help in a debate. My carb rebuild kits came with a set of wire Holders? or maybe springs?. The intent is for them to attach to the float plunger and the float mechanism can then pull down on the plunger as the floats drop. I have seen these before in other carb kits and installed them on the SEUM. A respected friend says they are not needed and shuldn't be used. What's the opinion of the Carburetor Gurus on this list.
Ron Guy
CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, CORSA/NC, QCCC, VV, Group Red Member
Def Stinger Project
South Eastern Ultra Monza Project