<VV> Swimsuit Issue of Communique

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Thu Feb 10 17:08:42 EST 2005

The difference in a good and a bad "swimsuit" issue is whether it's
classy, or just merely trashy. When it concerns that "infamous" past
issue of the CC, it was an issue that fell short of being classy. It was
meant merely as an "april fools" issue, and IMHO wasn't pulled off very
well. That and the fact that the CC is NOT a pulp magazine nor a pinup
calander is why it was roundly panned.

As far as Hooters goes, I've been in at least one Hooters (in Columbus)
and MHO is that it is NOT a "family" restaurant, no matter what it's
billed as. I feel that there's simply an air of cheap tackyness to it.
At least Hugh Heffner knew how to pull off classy, and Hooters is not
classy. The decor and furnishings are tacky. Heck, even the menu isn't
anything to brag about. Cheezy is the best way to describe it. But I
will say that the waitresses are pretty, it's only salvation.

-Mark