<VV> Re: First Convention

vairologist at juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Fri Feb 11 07:04:39 EST 2005

> From: UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
 That would be Tahoe 1999!
>  I had just assembled "Immortal Vair"  from the junkyard [salvaged
> title] with all Ultra parts,
-------------SNIP------------------
blah blah blah blah
------------SNIP-------------
Blah blah ,blah, blah
> But the highlight of the week was the V V  meeting......Watching a
> certain person introduce themselves....commenting on my  "obvious
absence"
> and the look on their face when after another 100 people had done the
> intro..It was my turn!  ggg
----------------------------------
Smitty says:  Let's hear it for Matt.  He finally got one of his cars to
make it all the way to a convention (in his home state).  Now CORSA has
moved heaven and earth to get it back in his neighborhood so he can prove
the superiority of the UMW by making it to another convention..  I have
it on good authority that he is begging the Frontman to bring the SEUM to
save the reputation of the peddlers of Ultra Parts because he isn't sure
the UMW can make it that far.  Truth is, even that won't prove anything
because the SEUM has a brand new fuel pump in it.
        I say we should band together and pool money to pay for
transporter transportation of the UMW from Northern CA to Portland to
save the Chairman's face.  It just won't be right to have another VV
meeting without him.   Seth, can you bring a trailer and take it up to
the convention for him?  We know you won't be driving a Corvair anyway.
If you did 40 people would be wanting to drive it.  Let's see, who else
can I screw with.              Chief Curmudgeon,  BBRT       GGGGGGGG
       PS;  Been to every convention but Philly and Ontario.  All but one
in a Corvair.