<VV> Age . . .

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert@redshift.bc.ca
Fri Feb 11 20:47:25 EST 2005

Me too - double nickel and a CORSA member for many years.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Tony Underwood
Sent: February 7, 2005 12:19 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Age . . .

At 09:11 hours 02/06/2005 -0500, Jim Houston wrote:
>I'm 59 -- barely....

I am proud to mention that I just turned 55 a few days ago (I'm a groundhog
baby) and I'm still alive, no injuries.   And I just bought another
Lakewood.   In storage since 1969.  58K.  Red in and out.    Runs nice.
Straight as an arrow, no rust... except a spot in the floor, front, each
side.   Damned rubber mats.

And it's still across town, still haven't gotten the title changed and the
wagon insured/tagged and brought back here yet.   But I will.

...it came with a parts wagon (the previous owner felt it was a parts car
but then he thinks that anything that's not rock solid is automatically
parts) that's well worth fixing up, also straight as the red one but it
does need some work.   Still a respectable resto project and with brakes
and a windshield and a bunch of little nitpicking things would be
roadworthy... after the interior was straightened out (front seats pretty
bad) although it has floors.

...weather gave us a break this weekend, had a Vair day today.   Got some
stuff done...

tony..