<VV> convention list

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 21:38:15 EST 2005

 First was Detroit '79.

 Drove the '69 vert with 2 friends aboard. Lost one universal. Repaired
at a very understanding Chevy dealer after hours. Next was the voltage
regulator. It cooked the alternator, battery and points. This was
repaired over several days with Corsa friends. (Don't trust the red
idiot light to save you). Didn't enter any events as I had enough fun.
The Banquet was never to be forgotten. Doc, another friend had driven
out with a '64 Spyder. Doc (Dr. Collins) was not feeling to well and we
were a little concerned. I was sitting at the same round table with him
and during the middle of the usual prattling on by the head table, Doc
disappeared from view.

 We immediately called for a medic and 3-4 people were literally jumping
over tables and around people to help. They rushed the good Dr. to the
nearest hospital with me riding shotgun. Upon arrival he was flat lined.
When I told them that he was a Dr. They immediately renewed the
emergency responses. Doc did not make it! I had to obtain temp power of
attorney to handle the death certificate and transport of the body back
to Connecticut. His widow and lawyer were outstanding considering the
circumstances.

 Next trick was to find out where he was staying and where his car was.
He also was carrying no ID. We (police and I) finally worked this out
and the hotel allowed us to empty the room with the police witnessing.
Found the car and the ID in the car with huge amount of cash.

 Next trick was to take his Spyder home with us. With 3 drivers that was
OK. After that there were no problems. Damm that Spyder was one fine
machine. It climbed hills better than a small block Chevy.

 Second was Parsippany '84, took the '69 Fitch Sprint. Won best in show.
Bob Marlow remembers, it was bright Green then.

 Third was Washington DC.'91, took the '69 vert and took first in class.

 Fourth was Lake Placid '97, took the '69 Fitch Sprint (bright Yellow
now) - silver award. I shudda detailed the undercarriage!

 Fifth was Carlisle '03, took the '69 Fitch Sprint - Gold 97.4 points

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

VICE & CT CORSA