<VV> ULTRA Monza definition

qcc65 at charter.net qcc65@charter.net
Sat Feb 12 00:55:57 EST 2005

List members,
   There have been several times people on this list have ask
"What the heck is an ULTRA Monza"
As you may or may not know our Guru in the sport of
ULTRA Monza's is also our list moderator, Matt Nall. Matt has
been able to keep Corvairs running for many years without the
benefit of a lot of expensive things like NEW PARTS!! lol
With Frontman and the various Zone representatives leading
the way, we intend to keep the Cheap....er...frugal reputation
of the Vair community alive and well. So here is the definition,
rough as it is, agreed upon by the four present declared
ULTRA Monza restorers. If you feel you are restoring an
ULTRA Monza then by all means, declare it and join the group.
What better way to preserve Corvairs than to retrieve those
we would surely loose if not for this group.

The definition of an ULTRA Monza.

It must be a Corvair you have rescued from a field, pasture,
the weeds, behind a barn etc. that would surely have rusted
away and gone to the crusher if not for your philanthropy.

It must be restored in the least costly manner possible. No full body
shop restorations allowed. Paint is fine..as long as it isn't  done by
dismantling! The first to do a full rattle can paint job and make it
look good will get special recognition. ULTRA parts used whenever
possible. New engine?...BAD This could be acceptable if you just
happen to have one stored, lying around, but not if you completely
rebuild for the purpose.

It must be declared an ULTRA Monza by the owner/restorer and
progress must be published/tracked by others involved in the sport
of ULTRA restoration. Stories and pictures of how you dismantled
and cleaned that old fuel pump and made it work again are welcomed.

It does not have to be a Monza. Just a Corvair.

So how about it? How many ULTRA's do we have out there?

Ron Guy
CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, CORSA/NC, QCCC, VV, Group Red Member
Def Stinger Project
SEUM (South Eastern Ultra Monza Project)