<VV> ULTRA Monza definition

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 12 06:18:51 EST 2005

Well,

IceMobile comes CLOSE to qualifying.  It was not behind a barn, but it was
non running in a frame (sort of) garage building with sod floor and no door
(on the building).  It contained a not-running 140 and when asked what he
wanted, the owner said between 400 and 500.  So the price quickly became
450.  Since two of us were buying it in partnership, that came to 225 each.
Cheap enough.  Felt like we bought a 140 and a car came with it.  Oh, this
included 4 virtually new tires - still had the teats (can I say that?) AND a
new battery.  He had bought the battery trying to get it started.  Or, does
having new parts when purchased exclude automatically?

So, price set, we proceed (less than 2 minutes - could have done it quicker,
but didn't want to make him feel too bad) to fix the misaligned throttle
linkage, fire it up, and drive it around the open field next to the house.
We just wanted to see how it would do and if it would stop before taking it
up a rather steep gravel drive in order to get it off the property.  The
field was bumpy enough that we tore half the belly pan off bouncing around
the yard.  Probably should have only had one guy in the car for that ride.

The car itself - Oh, this is going to be long...
Part 2 tomorrow - or maybe (like Smitty) in the Communique?

THAT was weird... my spell checker wanted to change Smitty to Smutty... Oh
well.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140