<VV> Convention Travel

Joe Robbins robbins@monticello.net
Sat Feb 12 20:20:00 EST 2005

My mentor and CIC from BBRT forgot to mention the lush and beautiful corn
fields that we have here in IL that time of year. Nothing like 7 foot tall
corn in the summer humidity. AT least we have the #1 college basketball team
right now. <g>  Go Illini!

Joe Robbins
Assistant to the Boss of BBRT

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of vairologist@juno.com
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:12 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Convention Travel

Smitty says:  I am not the only one who has traveled the US but I would
like to make some suggestions for those who are driving and have time to
tour.  Pioneer Village south of Kerney on I-80 at Minden Nebraska.  A
fabulous collection of historical Americana, Maybe equal to Greenfield
Village.  Spend two days there if possible. (Cheap).  In Idaho on I-86
near American Falls see Massacre rocks State Park.  Breathtaking view of
the Snake river and stones bigger than houses that came all the way from
Lake Bonniville.  Scene of fabled pioneer massacre.  Craters Of The Moon
Nat Monument, west of Idaho Falls on Fed 20.  60 miles of black rock
shards and total deveastation where the earth split open.  If you have
time to visit the ranger station or take a tour, visit ice caves 10 ft
below a black 110-120 degree rock surface.  See 200 year old trees 10 ft
tall.  Of course there is Balanced rock to the west of Twin Falls.  Walk
lightly there.
        That isn't all there is to see but they are my favorites.