<VV> Insurance for me.

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 21:55:01 EST 2005

Ryan,
First I have to say that I'm one of the "old farts" on this list (55) so I
don't have the age issue.  I've never insured my  64 with one of the classic
insurers, like Hagerty, etc. for a couple of reasons: 1) it's not restored;
2) they have lots of restrictions I'm not into...must be garaged, limits on
when and where you can drive it, etc.  Currently it's insured by American
Family, along with our 2 newer cars.  It is considered a collector car, full
coverage for not much $.  If you live in the same area as your parents,
maybe their agent would give you a break.  Before going to American Family,
I had the 64 insured with the same co. as our other cars, full coverage with
Allstate, liability with Progressive.  So far, no claims with any of them,
all I've done is pay the $ and get proof of insurance.  If the car is
unrestored and/or ULTRA and all you need is liability you should be able to
get that from anybody.
Mike Ioanes