<VV> moaning

Dave Ziegler dziegler3@comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 01:25:30 EST 2005

Having checked the fuel pressure at the pump(8) and at the burner(4
1/2), checked and lubed both fans, and blasted high pressure air up the
exhaust pipe, I resigned myself to taking apart the burner assembly to
check for dirt in the nozzle or filter screens. I removed all the
screws, disconnected the 5 blade connector and the fuel solenoid line
and gingerly removed the top shell by lifting and rolling forward, just
like it says in the book. When the shell was out of the way the problem
was obvious. The combustion blower hose was not connected to the burner
housing pipe, the ends were just touching. I loosened the clamp, pushed
the hose on, tightened the clamp and re-assembled everything. I started
the car, pushed the fan button down. So far so good. I then pushed the
heat button down to fire up the burner. SUCCESS!  No moaning!!! I let
it cycle several times with no unnatural noises. I'm happy.
I want to thank all those who offered suggestions, Bob H, Tim C,
Deckrug, Jim D and all those that I may have forgotten.  I'm ready now
to install the gas  heater in the Greenbrier. You can bet I'll take it
apart and check nozzles, filter screens, and all connections before it
gets mounted in the front wall.
Thanks guys,
Dave.. .
Corvair Therapy