<VV> 61' difficult to disturb distributor question

Darrin Hartzler dhartzler@verizon.net
Sun Feb 13 12:26:52 EST 2005

Worked on a friends car yesterday in an attempt to get it
running.figured out we need to rebuild the carbs and get new points and
wires (go figure.after sitting for 16 years ultra parts should be more
reliable!)  One question quickly emerged.is there any "trick" to
removing the distributor on early cars?  The shop manual says it should
just lift out.  Your experience in getting sticky distributors out much
appreciated (short of electric winch attached to the ceiling, chain
extended to sticky part, or versions thereof).  Did give it a good shake
while pulling, but wanted to consult the group.

Also, looking for used, slightly dented, nicked or slightly corroded
complete set of '66 - '69 wheel well trim.  Complete set at a very
reasonable cost is the goal.  Will straighten them and somehow get them
blacked out.

My car just may be an Ultra, but too lazy to qualify.  Turbo engine
revived after years sitting and re-sealed but otherwise undisturbed put
in a $500 '66 Monza vert body last summer.  Thinking about repairing the
holes in the floorboard, but kind of like the fact that the road signs
somebody dropped in to cover the holes peek through the shredded carpet.
Spray can touch up on the rust spots last fall.

As I said, could be Ultra, but may just be a lack of cash and time.
Besides, I think she has ambition.may not like the label.

Darrin Hartzler
turbomonzavert