<VV> I love stories

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 15:21:55 EST 2005

So, the story I thought was how the fire started was
about a different car that this dude had.

Apparently, the old guy that had my Corsa for 30 or so
years has a couple...and got his stories messed
up...but oddly enough...there was more than one that
he has that caught fire.  The story behind mine, as
Dale just told me is that the college kid who
originally had it wanted to warm the engine on a cold
night to make it easy to start in the morning, and put
a light under the hood...which I suppose wasn't SO
stupid, until the blanket came into the story.  that's
right folks, he put  blanket over the light bulb, and
it caught fire and burned.

Needless to say, however it happened, I still have a
lot of new wiring and work that needs to be done in
the rear of the car.

The car was also in a collision once...don't know how
bad-but the car is still straight.  lots of bondo for
reasons I can't quite get yet....the metal behind it
seems pretty straight to me.

Oh, and for some who told me maybe not to...I'm
probably going to media blast it now(or HAVE it
blasted, actually)  because the stuff that's on there
now is chipped, and in rough shape.  Plus there's
primer, cypress green,primer,sierra tan.

Just thought I'd share.  31 here right now at 9:20 in
the AM... it was 42 yesterday...gave me some time to
stare at the car and look at some tags.  I just want
Spring already.

Later,
Ryan
65 Corsa Coupe  everything-covered

=====
And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.