<VV> Fwd: Pitman Shaft & Gear - Clark's # C1644

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57@aol.com
Sun Feb 13 18:18:04 EST 2005

From: Taruffi57@aol.com
Full-name: Taruffi57
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:16:48 EST
Subject: Re: Pitman Shaft & Gear - Clark's # C1644
To: fastvair@yahoogroups.com

I just discovered that the teeth (5) on my '67 Quick Steering Sector Pitman
Shaft are corroded.  That explains the slight roughness I could feel when
hand turning the shaft.
Question:  is this QS shaft the same as the standard ratio  shaft?  In
looking at the exploded view of the box, it seems that the only  parts which would
make it "quick steering" would be that shaft and maybe the  Wormshaft.  I am
going to need another Pitman Shaft or I will have to dress  these teeth down
smoother.  Any of you guys have one?  It has a large  "7J" stamped on the end of
the teeth area.

Joe Dunlap
Florida
2 Corvairs
Buncha other stuff (and always looking for the weird  stuff)