<VV> Radio options in 63's

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 23:38:36 EST 2005

Your question has 2 possible answers,

There were no factory installed AM/FM radios in 63 Corvairs. Only manual
tune or pushbutton tune AM radios.  However you could have requested to
have an AM/FM radio installed by your dealer once it was delivered to
the dealership.  It would not have been stock and was not an option, but
many a dealer would have installed them by specific request.

Many non-stock items appear on brand new cars....as dealer installed
items.

Rick Loving

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of DTerry8123@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 4:55 PM
To: JRVIDRINE@aol.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Radio options in 63's

In a message dated 02/13/2005 4:21:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JRVIDRINE@aol.com writes:

I am  interested in finding out if someone can give me a fairly clear
answer
as  to whether the AM/FM radio was an option in 1963.  I bought my first
new
car
in August 1963 in Eunice, Louisiana.  It was a White Monza Coupe  with a
red
interior.  It had the 102 hp engine and 4 speed  transmission.  I have
seen a
number of posts here saying that the  AM/FM radio wasn't an option in
the
Corvair
until in the later  models.

Randy, Chevrolet did not offer an optional am/fm radio until the  1965
model
year. In 1963, all that was offered from Chevrolet was  either a manual
or
pushbutton solid state radio.

Dan Terry
65 Corsa 140 coupe