Fwd: <VV> Re: Headrests

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Mon Feb 14 02:01:30 EST 2005

Headrestraints (as they were known as of mid-year '67 due to safety
concerns) were optional starting in '66 and were available for all
Corvairs thru '69, when they became standard. Federal regs took effect
on the first of each calendar year, but since the model year started
earlier than that, any equipment that would become Federally required by
the end of the model year was usually made a "mandatory option" at the
start of the model year.

BTW the design of the restraints changed yearly. So the restraints are
year-specific. I have film pictures of each year's designs.

-Mark C