<VV> Re: Headrests

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Mon Feb 14 07:27:26 EST 2005

The only headrests available in for the '65 model year on Corvairs were
aftermarket.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Charles B. Peck
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 1:53 PM
To: vair65@mail.sisna.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Re: Headrests

Mike -

I know headrests weren't standard in '65, but I thought they probably were
optional. For some reason, I thought that '67 was the year that all the
safety equipment became standard, but I have NO confidence in that!

I do know I was in California at the time, and that in '66 they put the
air-injection systems on Corvairs. That makes me think that '65s are BETTER
than '66s - less useless smog @#%& (which is a different perception than
others on the  VV-List). I think California was running ahead of the nation
on smog equipment, but I would be surprised if there was a difference on
optional headrests.

Chuck Peck
cpeck@salmoninternet.com