<VV> convertible question

Jim McLott Jim.McLott@DOR.GA.GOV
Tue Feb 15 17:42:13 EST 2005

J R Read writes...
<snip>
We had this discussion a number of years ago on VV.  The outcome was
something like..

Top Down
Boot On
All windows down
Vent windows turned all the way out for max breeze
Fresh air vents Open
Visors - up above the windshield - so the oncoming car can see you are
driving a convert.
Left arm resting on the door with hand resting up on the top of the
windshield - so the guy behind you can see you are driving a convert.
Were there other "rules".  I think that was about it.
<end snip>

Jim replies....

One other "rule" should be

Sunscreen!

Even if I wear a hat, sunscreen is a must!  It's easy to forget how much
time you're spending in the sun when you're cruising in your Corvair
with the top down.

Jim McLott & Christine the '66 Monza convertible she-devil (who obeys
all the above rules)
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta
Member emeritus: Group Red