<VV> Re: Engine block codes/ Assy date decoding

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 00:15:42 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/05 11:35:24 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
NicolCS@aol.com writes:

> If you look in Bob's book, he has a photo of his body plate.  Notice the
> mis-aligned "09A" in the upper left?

Craig,
The FBP on my 1962 Convert is "08A", not "09A". I guess it's not clear in the
photo, but it is very distinct when I just looked at it. That transcribes to
AUGUST, first week. That is perfectly in agreement with the sn being very near
the reported end of '62 convert production (15908 out of a total of 16569)
and the previously published fact that 1963 production began in Sept '63.

Regards,
Bob Helt