<VV> 8 questions

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 02:40:51 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/2005 5:22:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stapon1@earthlink.net writes:

> Your input on the following would be appreciated.
>
> I have a 65 - 4 door with 110 hp - with dual exhaust.
>
> I am looking for input on the following parts.
>
> 1) Bolt in (easy to install for a layman) electronic ignition

You don't really need a fully electronic ignition..A Petronix I   will
replace points, a P II  will extend the dwell at lower RPM...

The BEST  E- Ign  is the Safeguard     www.american-pi.com

> 2) Electric fuel pump with motion switch that kills power to the pump in
> the
> event of an accident

All our Vendors  sell pumps.....the switch can be from a Ford product [
impact in the trunk]  and or a GM  dual pole oil pressure switch..

> 3) Brake line that runs from the front to the rear of the car (the one in
> the tunnel) - All others have been replaced

All the vendors have them as well as your local FLAPS.....use a union to make
2 into one if you cannot find one long enough

> 4) Is there an easy way to lubricate the rear wheel bearings short of
> complete disassembly?

It's in the Tech guide??  ggg      drill a hole and inject grease SPARINGLY!
[ too much and you contaminate brake linings]

> 5) Is a transmission cooler for a PG available? Is one necessary?

FC's used coolers.....not necessary if you don't tow...

> 6) Who makes the best ignition wire kit? (does not have to be NOS style)

All the vendors sell Silicone Wire system Wires...8 colors!
sethracer@aol.com  is the factory

Chrysler Sebring  Vert seats!       www.corvairkid.com

> 8) I need a clutch kit for my 65 - 4 speed.  When I take it apart, what
> pieces should I replace. (i.e. pressure plate, throw out bearing, flywheel
> ect.)
> (I seem to remember something about a bolted flywheel - Is this necessary?)
> Thanks in advance
> Garth
> LATE POWER GLIDE SEDANS RULE!

A Bolted FW  is only necessary if yours is loose...or has high miles and
might loosen before the next clutch job!

As far as parts??    all depends..you decide after all the others chime in!
I can pull an LM  engine in 30 minutes..so I only replace what's bad NOW.....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V