<VV> Gas Tank Removal/ Reason to read ALL posts!

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 04:58:19 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/2005 7:37:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvair9002003@yahoo.com writes:

> Can anyone please tell me how to get the rubber filler neck clamps off the
> filler neck on a 63? I am having a heck of a time reaching the screws. Maybe
> I am just going at them from the wrong direction? Thanks.
>
> Josh

****

Just last week I explained it!  gggg

You DON'T  take the neck off in the car!   It comes out WITH the tank....

Using a block of wood [hammer handle]  beat on the top of the filler
neck....it pops DOWN  thru the grommet..and the tank falls out!

This is the reason you use the proper hose..it BENDS easily!    Last time I
TRIED  with NAPA's Premium GOLD hose [ read STIFF]  and almost didn't get it
back in!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V