<VV> Re: structural integrity

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 18:17:45 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/2005 6:01:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tonyu@roava.net writes:

> It's my understanding that (from an independent study someplace) that the
> '61-'64 Corvair coupe body was the most rigid automobile produced in the
> USA.   I believe this tidbit also ended up in the Communique many years
> ago

Tony,  I'm sure you are right, but I also remember a Car & Driver, Motor
Trend or another magazine pronouncing the '65 coupe "stiffer" than the EM.
Especially the convertible.  It is hearsay until I find the magazine (don't hold
your breath), but the LM were stiff cars--they just didn't SOUND as tight.

Bob Hall

Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa