<VV> Shimming of Heads

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Wed Feb 16 18:42:09 EST 2005

The factory used a special .010" thicker barrel spacer under the jugs of
the 140/auto/air engines. Perhaps you could use something similar.

If it were me in that situation, I'd go farther and have the heads
milled down to the quench area, which is known as "removing the step" in
the heads. Using a standard head gasket, this reportedly optomizes the
quench area, which not only negates the effects of the increase in
compression, but is supposed to make it possible to run on regular gas.

-Mark C