<VV> Re: Your input welcomed

Joel Rushworth gwydionjhr@shaw.ca
Wed Feb 16 01:34:05 EST 2005

C.I.T.

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Garth Stapon
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:20 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Your input welcomed

Gents:

Your input on the following would be appreciated.

I have a 65 - 4 door with 110 hp - with dual exhaust.

I am looking for input on the following parts.

1) Bolt in (easy to install for a layman) electronic ignition

>>Pertronix is probably easiest, most vendors carry it.

2) Electric fuel pump with motion switch that kills power to the pump in the
event of an accident

>>Joe Curran had some great stuff up on a DIY conversion, I can't find it at
the moment.

3) Brake line that runs from the front to the rear of the car (the one in
the tunnel) - All others have been replaced
4) Is there an easy way to lubricate the rear wheel bearings short of
complete disassembly?
5) Is a transmission cooler for a PG available? Is one necessary?
6) Who makes the best ignition wire kit? (does not have to be NOS style)

>>Seth's wires, right here on the list: sethracer@aol.com

7) I am considering the installation of  a set of front buckets that
incorporate a shoulder belt in the seat. Has anyone done this? If yes, what
kind of car / year did they come from. (The seat from a Sebring covert comes
to mind)

>>http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

8) I need a clutch kit for my 65 - 4 speed.  When I take it apart, what
pieces should I replace. (i.e. pressure plate, throw out bearing, flywheel
ect.)
(I seem to remember something about a bolted flywheel - Is this necessary?)
Thanks in advance
Garth
LATE POWER GLIDE SEDANS RULE!