<VV> Leaky carburetor?

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@it.BAESystems.com
Fri Feb 18 12:54:34 EST 2005

Hi Bruce.

	Other than a stuck/maladjusted choke, the Carter carb on our
Turbos are prone to a couple of problems that will cause dripping.  Most
common is the diaphram inside that controls enrichment/accel pump
function.  The other common problem is the float being unable to stop
the fuel entering te bowl.   Both are accessable by removing the bowl
cover.  If you're adept and have a mirror, it is possible to
inspect/remove, but I like the carb removal method myself.good luck.

Jim Duane
66 180 CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Bacher
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 7:29 AM
To: 'Virtual Vairs'
Subject: <VV> Leaky carburetor?

Was having some trouble getting my car started ('65 Corsa turbo).  I
took off the air cleaner housing to get a better look at the carburetor,
and noticed the air filter smelled like gasoline.  Then I noticed
gasoline dripping from the butterfly valve of the carburetor.

On another car, that would never happen because the valve throat points
straight up - but on this car it's laid on the side.

Is it normal for this car?