<VV> Killer deal on ATV lifts at Pep Boys currently

Larry Forman larry@forman.net
Fri Feb 18 15:57:11 EST 2005

It was just pointed out to me that Pep Boys currently has a killer deal on 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV lifts at $37.98 including the mail-in rebate.  The regular price at Pep Boys is $59.99.  They have a promo sale price of $47.98 and a $10 mail-in rebate.  I have no financial relationship with Pep Boys (darn), nor have I actually checked these out in person.  The photo in the ad shows an ATV style lift with lifting arms that appear shorter than the $80 one I purchased a few years ago from Costco.  The arms might be closer together also.  Either lift should work well if you bolt on a 2X4 style cradle like the Richard Finch engine cradle.  Before building one, double check dimensions and for deep oil pans, actually see if the pan will fit within the larger opening.  Just setting a cradle on the lifting arms would not be safe.  The CORSA communique had an article explaining how these work and dimensions for the wooden cradle.

-- Larry