<VV> in early country

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 18 17:31:06 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

Yep, staples through the sheet metal.  You can get the rubberized fabric
from a corvair vendor.  You can recreate the staples from wire or you can
drill 1/8 holes and pop rivet which is what I did.  If you use the pop
rivets, drill the holes before you remove the staples, that way they line up
perfectly.  Regarding the rear pully, yes you can use an engine with a
harmonic balancer but you will need to get a rear engine mount off a 1964
car/van or 1965 van.  The motor mount is offset to allow for the larger
pully.  When I say motor mount, I'm refering to the piece that attaches to
the rear of the motor on the 4 rear studs and attaches with one bolt to the
frame.  You will also need to get some pieces of the rear engine sheet metal
off a 1964 car/van or 1965 van.  It is unique in that is allows for the
offset motor mount.  I'm talking about the shield that covers the motor
mount and the retainer strips that hold the rubber to the rear engine
sheetmetal.  There are 3 retainer strips, one in the center and one on
either side.  Corvair vendors should be able to hook you up with all of
these items.  I have this setup on my Greenbrier and it seals and mounts
perfectly.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw