<VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1833 - 9 msgs

Jim McLott Jim.McLott@DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Feb 18 18:57:13 EST 2005

Mark writes:

Everyone is entitled to their particular tastes. It's just that, for
some reason, red and maroon just don't quite go together, despite their
being of the same "red" family. At least the factory had second thoughts
about it, and having seen a car with that combo, I'd tend to agree. Not
bad, but not exactly complementary. Just my opinion. That and a quarter
will get you a cup of coffee, as they say.

To which Jim replies:

According to the body tag, Christine started life painted Ermine White
with a red interior.  Somewhere along the way, she was painted Madeira
Maroon and the interior was left in red.  Yes, it's a valid color
combination for an early (09B) 1966 Monza and it may look good when
looking at paint chips and upholstery samples, but I agree with Mark:
it's just not quite right.  Others may love all that slightly mismatched
red.  As for me, as soon as the budget will allow (and that might be
years from now), I'm going to have the rusty rockers repaired and the
car painted white, like God and General Motors intended!

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA & Corvair Atlanta
Member emeritus: Group Red