<VV> Re Convention List

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 18 22:36:49 EST 2005

From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:12 PM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: Re: <VV> Re Convention List

----- Original Message -----
From: <vairologist@juno.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 2:49 AM
Subject: <VV> Re Convention List

>> > At 04:38 PM 2/11/2005, kovacsmj wrote:
>> >
> Doc (Dr. Collins) was not feeling to well and we
>> with him and during the middle of the usual prattling on by the head
> table,
>> Doc disappeared from view.
>> jumping over tables and around people to help
> ---------------------------

Yep, That was me and my lovely bride, all right.  I was in my Internship

year (not yet a licensed physician!) and Mary Ann was an ICU nurse.  We
were
attending our first ever CORSA convention, sitting there at the banquet
taking it all in when the MC suddenly cried out (I kid you not), "Is
there a
Doctor in the house?"  Next thing I know, Mary Ann and I are out of our
chairs, jumping over tables, etc. and arrive to find this man lying
comatose
on the floor.  We started basic CPR and continued until the medics
arrived.
I thought about going with them to the hospital, but since I technically
was
only supposed to be practicing medicine in my residency program, I
decided I
should just leave it to the "pros".  So, after they took him away, we
went
back to our table and finished out the banquet.  Actually, I don't
remember
anything else about the banquet before or after that.

I think it was the next day when we found out the gentleman was actually
doctor who had been having chest pains most of that day, passing it off
as
"gas".

Doctors make the worst patients.....

Bill Hubbell