<VV> Re: Re: e-bay Ads - Miles - Kilometers

Guus de Haan guusdehaan@wanadoo.nl
Sat Feb 19 11:18:12 EST 2005

In Dutch we have a few ways:

Weinig km's (low mileage)
Lage kilometerstand (low indicated mileage)

Of course we have our own translation of the frases  used everywhere:

Mooi wagentje, altijd van oud oud vrouwtje geweest - Nice little car,
always owned by an elderly lady

Piekfijn karretje, altijd binnen gestaan - Great little car, always
garaged

I think what we do a lot is to downsize the item as a way of saying
it's beautiful.

Could it be our way of saying: small is beautiful ;-)

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
Where most things are a lot smaller then in the US....

Op 19-feb-05 om 9:46 heeft Thomas Stingl het volgende geschreven: