<VV> in early country

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sat Feb 19 16:28:14 EST 2005

Shawn,

I've never had the steel in the perimeter seal rust out, and I live in
the rustbelt. And Corvairs put me through at least 15 winters! Usually
what goes first is the rubber. It becomes hard, tears, etc. By the time
anything happens to the steel insert, the seal's already past its prime.
Ok, so it's a little more expensive seal, but it works SO much better
that that expense can be damned!

I STILL say that the late seal makes the early one a PITA! No stupid
staples to deal with. Everything bolts on or merely presses on. A
leagues-better design, no doubt.

-Mark