<VV> Cold Tuna

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sun Feb 20 05:05:46 EST 2005

The MCCA had yet another Tuna today at Terry Kalp's shop. The theme of this
Tuna seemed to be water and gas. Water because it rained and the property
around  the shop closely resembled a swamp. Gas because it seemed like we were
working  on more than a few fuel related tasks (or was it the chili we had for
lunch?).

We worked on fuel senders, oil leaks, weather stripping, transmission  seals,
starters, sway bar bushings and heater hoses. We ate chili, sloppy  joes,
potato salad, cookies chips and pie (the food seems to becoming a bigger  part of
each Tuna, not a problem here).

We had many new and old members. The youngest member, 13, learned how to
properly install VC gaskets and he did a great job. I especially like it when I
'caught' him eating cookies with greasy hands. I won't discuss how old the
older  members are, but they were under their cars getting it done! This
collection of  several dozen tech sessions lasted almost 8 hours and was great fun.
All of this  under the watchful eyes of our very own Yoda.

FYI: Our next Tuna will be in June, Juna Tuna, so mark you calendars.

Great Plains Corvair Roundup - Sept 30-Oct 2, 2005 Wichita, Kansas
_http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/GPCR1.html_
(http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/GPCR1.html)

Ned  Madsen
1965/6 Corvair Monza/Corsa 140 (soon to have AC)
CORSA Member since  2000
Mid Continent Corvair Association - President
_http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/index.html_
(http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter672/index.html)
Great  Plains Corvair Roundup - Chair