<VV> Gas Heater 101?

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 13:05:48 EST 2005

 Please let me apolgize in advance as this topic may
have been previously discussed, but I wasn't paying
attention.
 I'm trying to help out a guy with a '60 that has a
non-functioning gas heater. Other than checking the
fuses, I'm at a loss on what to do next. The unit
hasn't worked in 20 years, that he knows of, but the
car is from the southwest and is in good shape, not a
rusted up mess.
 My thoughts are to check power supply at the unit,
remove-inspect-clean the spark plug, and check to make
sure gas is getting to the unit. What would be the
next steps I should take to make the unit fuction
again?

 Any advice/hints/warnings would be greatly
appreciated,

 Mike
 YS-117