<VV> '61 Lakewood & general BS

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 08:03:29 EST 2005

The coil springs in the stock rear suspension on my
'61 Lakewood are huge when compared to the coils in
the '64 rear suspension I am reinstalling----  mainly
because I want the self-adjusting brakes and
swaybar/leaf spring featrures in the '64----I'm using
'64 convertible coil springs in the conversion----am I
even close to right---  I know several others  have
already been down this road.

The engine/drive removed from this Lakewood was an
original, 80K - 84 hp automatic w/355 rear--anyone
want ANY part of the drive train- shrouds, fan, full
circle jugs, heads, etc,,,  really good front bench
seat,,,,blue carpets,,, all FREE.

Never know what you'll find!!!  This car had two NEW
'64 rear wheel bearings, new blower bearing, perfect
rear grill, all new brakes-----  sold the steering box
to a hot rod guy, sold the grill to a Corvair guy in
Calif, traded the brakes off for something, the new
bearings are going on my project----with all the money
I'm making from reselling take-off parts, I should be
able to keep this project to around $12-$15K.

HOT--(Heart of Texas)- a gathering of all the Texas
clubs is scheduled for 15 April in Kerrville--once
your cross the Texas border from any direction- you
only have about 700 miles to go--- Corvair Houston is
this year's host--- come on down!!!!

Don Manen-At the Gopher Ranch
Under the "X" in TeXas