<VV> electrical tape options

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Feb 22 10:29:29 EST 2005

Ancor brand shrink tubing has the meltable adhesive inner lining.  You can get it at boating supply places like Boaters World or West Marnine. It keeps moisture out of the joint - important with boats and their salt-water environments.  It's not cheap however...  Ancor also makes crimp fittings with the same heat-shrink adhesive lining  but again they're expensive and probably not necessary on a car.  Not a bad idea though.

Meltable inner wall?  Tell me more!  I've used the stuff from Radio Shak, but
yours sounds fancier.

Thanks,

John

JVHRoberts wrote:

  What are you taping? I never use the stuff. All heat shrinkable tubing for
me, with the meltable inner wall. Never fails, seals perfectly.